Saturday, July 4, 2015

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Happy Birthday America!

I am in Minneapolis, and it is the Fourth of July, the day we celebrate our independence as a nation.  I'm told there will be a spectacular fireworks display tonight on the Mississippi.  After very little debate, I settled with myself, that I would drive on to South Dakota. I am very excited to see the Badlands and the Black Hills, and anxious to continue moving west.  Although Minneapolis is a nice city and I'm sure the fireworks will be beautiful, there are no crowds on the streets.  Service staff at the downtown restaurants and bars, openly lamented the exodus of people from the city.

So, never wanting to be the last one at the party, I am joining that exodus.  Most of the Minneapoli  went to lake cabins upstate.  Afterall, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes, or so it says on their license plates.  I don't believe their is a lake in my near future, but that's ok...

I'm off to South Dakota.  Catch up with you when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment